Monday, October 13, 2008

At Home with my new Marine

Everyone was so glad to get home on Saturday night. It had been a long week for us, I can only imaging how long it was for Adam. Now that he is home, he is starting to relax, A LITTLE. He's still pretty keyed up and anxious. It's hard to get use to. I mean, before the boy couldn't sit still because of his ADHD. Add a lot of boot camp training into that and he never sits still.

I'm very glad that he is home, but I'm feeling a little blue because of it. For one, I know he's going to be leaving again, too soon. Too many people keep asking him about the possibility of him being deployed and I really can't even think about that right now. It scares the life out of me. It turns my soul cold and makes my blood ice. I can't fathom that yet. I'm not ready.

I'm also a little blue because although he is HOME, he's not really been AT home. I barely saw him yesterday at all. He spent the morning with Cat's family at church then spent the afternoon & evening with friends. I know he missed his friends and I certainly can't blaim him for wanting to see them (and they might really HELP him to relax), but I kinda wanted to see him too. I work all day during the week and have several things during some of the evenings this week. I will hardly see him this entire week. That breaks my heart completely. This bites. He spent last night telling all his friends about his boot camp adventures, but when is it his family's turn. I know I'm just being selfish and that is wrong of me. This is Adam's time and he needs to spend it however he wants to. It just hurts. He is right in front of me, yet I can barely see him. I still miss him, even though he is home.

No comments: