Friday, August 15, 2008

Another letter from boot camp!

Yes, despite the LARGE gap between them, I got another letter from my boy! I know I sound like a kid at Christmas and I KNOW the people at the post office must think I am stalking them, but this small line of communication between my son and I is all that I have. You bet your life I'm going to hold onto that line as tight as I can.

So, Adam says he is actually having "fun". God I'm so glad to hear that from him. I hope that he is not sugar coating it for me. I hope he truly is getting everything he can out of this experience because although it may be difficult, this experience is helping to finish molding him into the adult he will be for the rest of his life. I can no longer influence or "mold" him. He is in the hands of the United States government now. I hope they take care of my boy.

His letter continues to be positive. He has made it through Phase One and is moving into Phase Two. He said he got to "blouse his boots" which felt so good. I have absolutely no idea what that means, but he is happy about it. He feels very accomplished and proud. I'm proud of him. In Phase Two, he moves to weapons training and he is very excited about it. He gets to learn to use his rifle (among other things)! I'm happy that he's happy.

In his letter, he tells the girls that "Yes, I got my boots...and they hurt!" and gives Canaan a few words of encouragement since he is taking Adam being gone hard. He told him to keep his chin AND his grades up! Ha! Maybe Canaan will listen since it's coming from his big brother (although I doubt it). Adam also says that he will be sending me a private letter as he needs some "mommy advice". Oh boy. I think I may know what he wants to talk about (wink).

So, as I watch the calendar and follow along with what he is doing each day, I hope that he continues to enjoy the process of becoming a Marine. I hope they take care of him and hope he stays healthy. He signed this letter, "Your Future Marine". That has a great ring to it.

No comments: