Thursday, January 22, 2009

Completely Disgraceful

I have caught myself noticing little things as I drive or shop. I notice military stickers and logos. I notice people in uniform. I notice the Marine haircuts and the way military people carry themselves, with honor and pride. I notice how many American flags are proudly displayed outside houses. Unfortunately, I notice things that may not have even phased me before.

The other morning driving in to work, there was a car full of men in front of me. One in the back was wearing a Marine desert cami "cover" with his name on the back (or just assuming it was HIS name). He was wearing it "gangster" style and whoa did it get my blood boiling! It was pulled down as tight as it could be (unlike how it's supposed to be worn), the brim was nearly folded into a peak and he had the thing on almost sideways! I almost took a picture with my camera phone. I was so disgusted. IF it was his cover and he was a Marine (active or otherwise), how disrespectful of him to dishonor the uniform as such! Didn't he make it through recruit training (and possibly more) with an ounce of respect for the title, not to mention the uniform? If it wasn't his, how incredibly disrespectful!

Marines are MADE. You can't just put on the "hat" and pretend. Marines go through too much to be who they are, they deserve far more respect than that!

Completely disgraceful!

No comments: